Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Hercules Fitness Challenge Event Staff. As the idiom goes, there is strength in numbers and the success of the Hercules is largely dependent upon the commitment of its volunteers. We are grateful for your support, hard work and donation of time.
event staff receive
- One (1) free-registration voucher valid for any future Hercules event. Vouchers are not transferable.
- Food and water will be provided
- Morning: Bagels
- Free Hospitality Tent
- Event Staff t-shirt
EVENT STAFF POLICY
- Please know that your role is important to the smooth sailing and success of the Hercules. Event Staff are required to be punctual and attend staff meetings, event-preparation projects and the event itself.
- You are ambassadors of the Hercules. Therefore, a positive, supportive and encouraging demeanor is of the utmost importance.
- Smoking within the Hercules venue is strictly prohibited.
- All volunteers are required to sign a Release of Liability.
event staff stations
- Obstacle Crew (10)
- Registration/Check-In (12)
- Hospitality Tent (8)
- Water Stations (16)
- Kids Battle Tent (5)
- Course Marshals/Obstacle Officials - (25)
*Additional openings may be added as need is determined
event staff DESCRIPTIONS
- Obstacle Crew: Requires strength and stamina. Individuals must be free of injury or acute/chronic bodily pain. Crew will transport, assemble and disassemble obstacles. Must be available at various hours.
- Registration/Check-In Table: Assistant participants in registering and checking-in the morning of the race.
- Hospitality Tent: Help provide complementary beverages and food to race participants.
- Obstacle Course Water Stations: Hand out water cups to participants as they pass by.
- Kids Battle Tent: Help the young Herculeans prepare to race with war paint, hair chalk and sign making for cheering parents.
- Course Marshals/Obstacle officials: Direct race course traffic, identify and address safety concerns.
Station Leaders share the same responsibilities as other volunteers within their station. Additionally, the Station Leader's role is to delegate tasks and aid communication between the directors and the volunteers within that station.
event staff t-shirts
- T-shirt color: Yellow
- T-shirt front: Hercules logo
- T-shirt back
- Lettering: Black
- All volunteer shirts will have EVENT STAFF printed on the back
How to VOLUNTEER FOR the Event Staff
Fill out the form below.
Or you can send your request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to write VOLUNTEER on the subject line.
What to include in your email:
- Full name
- Cell phone number
- Email address
- Your top two (2) station choices
*For more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact: email@example.com